Welcome to Finan Animal Hospital!
We are glad to have you as part of our family. The following details some important aspects of our practice.
What you can expect from us:
- To be treated with respect, courtesy, and enthusiasm at all times
- Honest recommendations regarding your pet’s well-being
- Transparency regarding all costs and fees. Estimates are provided when possible
- To be seen at your appointment time
- To have phone calls or emails returned at the end of the business day
- To have lab results reported to you by the end of the next business day
- A low stress, unrushed, and informative visit
- Individualized care- no two pets receive the same healthcare recommendations
What we expect from you:
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect at all times
- Arrive at or before your appointment time
- Pay for your visit at the time of services
- Keep your pets on a leash or in a carrier at all times for their own safety
- Make an appointment – walk in appointments only accepted in case of emergency
- Call us if you can’t make your appointment
- For the safety of our staff, we require that you comply with Illinois State Law in keeping your pets up to date on their rabies vaccine. This applies to indoor cats as well.
What we will not do:
- Prescribe medications without examining your pet within the past year for chronic conditions or the past month for acute conditions
- Perform unnecessary tests or vaccinations
- Write or approve prescriptions for the cheapest internet pharmacy. Many internet pharmacies are not regulated and supply expired, dangerous, fake, or otherwise unsafe medications. Prescriptions will be approved only through our clinic website, 1-800-Petmeds, or DrsFosterSmith.com.
- Maintain the lowest prices in town. The lowest prices in town align with the lowest quality in town. We want to take the best care of your pet, not the cheapest. You get what you pay for in the veterinary world.
- Return phone calls or emails during non-business hours.
We are honored you have chosen us for your pet’s healthcare needs. We hope you will find your experience with us welcoming and informative. We are constantly changing, learning, and striving to improve our clients’ and patients’ experience. Welcome to our family!
April Finan, DVM